Motorhome Insurance

Comprehensive Motorhome Insurance with Safeguard

Unlike Caravan Insurance, Motorhome Insurance is a legal requirement for everyone who owns a motorhome. At Safeguard, we have over 30 years’ experience in selling Motorhome and Campervan Insurance so we look forward to helping our customers find the right insurance for their needs.

Get a quote online or call us today

What does Safeguard Motorhome Insurance include?

  • Insurance underwritten by either Highway Insurance (part of Liverpool Victoria) or AXA.
  • UK & European breakdown cover from the AA (for motorhomes less than 20 years old).
  • Unlimited windscreen and body glass replacement cover (Minimum £100 fixed excess applies for replacement, but not for repair).
  • EU cover is included as standard; your policy will cover you for any EU road trips, 365 days a year.
  • Know your things are protected with personal contents cover; rest assured your personal belongings (up to a total of £3,000) are covered for fire, theft and accidental damage.
  • Enjoy even more benefits; with Safeguard Rewards you’ll enjoy the lifestyle you love and you'll receive offers and money-off deals.
  • 24-hour claim line; we understand things can happen at any time, so we provide access to a 24-hour claim line to help you resolve any issues as and when they occur.

What our customers say...


Insurance quotes for motorhomes and campervans

Getting an insurance quote for your motorhome from Safeguard is quite simple. You'll need the following details to hand: 

  • Make and model
  • Make and model of security devices
  • Claim and conviction details in last five years
  • No claims bonus level available to use

Can I insure my motorhome for travelling abroad?

Safeguard includes UK and European breakdown cover from the AA (for motorhomes less than 20 years old) and EU cover is included as standard for any EU road trips, 365 days a year. This includes providing roadside assistance, towage and garage repairs up to the value of £250 for motorhomes up to 3.5 tonnes, and up to the value of £2,000 for vehicles above 3.5 tonnes.

Safeguard insurer partners can also provide emergency accommodation and alternative travel arrangements if the vehicle cannot be repaired in your destination country. (All subject to terms and conditions as set out in the Motorhome Insurance policy documentation).

Can I accrue No Claims Bonus with my Motorhome Insurance?

Yes, you can accrue No Claims Bonus with your Safeguard Motorhome Insurance policy. This can sometimes then be transferred to other Motor Insurance policies if required. You'll need to check with your new insurer to confirm that they'll accept motorhome No Claims Bonus discounts.

Safeguard may also provide a mirrored discount to customers who are not transferring earned NCB to the motorhome and have NCB in their name currently on a private or company car – this is subject to claims history of course.

What age should I be to insure a motorhome?

The current minimum age for insuring a motorhome with Safeguard is 21 and the maximum age (for new customers) is 79. Once the customer is insured with Safeguard there's no upper limit for renewal. Other insurers may only insure drivers over the age of 25.

Is there a difference between insuring a motorhome and campervan?

There is no difference in the cover/benefits provided by Safeguard for both campervans and motorhomes; the only difference could be the rating that the insurer provides for the vehicle. For example one insurer may rate the vehicle on size/dimensions where as another may rate the vehicle purely on the engine size.

Do I need a special licence to drive a motorhome?

Anyone with a full UK driving licence can drive a motorhome up to 3500Kg. In order to drive a motorhome over 3500Kg the driver must have passed their test before 1st January 1997 and is therefore able to drive a vehicle up to 7500Kg. If the driver passed their test after 1st January 1997, a special test would need to be taken to enable them to drive this weight of motorhome – the same applies to anyone wishing to drive a vehicle over 7500Kg.

Can I suspend my Motorhome Insurance over winter?

Unfortunately, Safeguard Motorhome Insurance cannot be suspended over the winter months. Motorhome Insurance is a legal requirement and even though the vehicle may not be in use, it's still important that your motorhome is insured for risks such as storm damage or theft.

Can I buy short-term Motorhome Insurance?

Safeguard doesn't offer a short term or temporary Motorhome Insurance policy. Our Motorhome Insurance policy is valid for 12 months so you can take off in your motorhome at any time throughout the year knowing that you'll be covered.

Get a quote online or call us today