Making a complaint
At Safeguard, our aim is to always exceed your expectations and to get things right, on time, every time. We also recognise that sometimes mistakes can happen and we get things wrong. Telling us you're unhappy is our opportunity to put things right and to learn from our mistakes so we can improve the products and services we offer in the future
Our promise to you
We will always aim to:
- Acknowledge your complaint promptly
- Resolve your complaint at the earliest opportunity
- Communicate our decisions clearly and fairly and let you know what you can do if you're still unhappy
- Learn from our mistakes to improve our services and products we offer
You can make your complaint by:
- Starting a Live Chat - we’re online 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 5pm on Saturdays.
- Calling our team on 0333 060 7740
- Writing to us at: Complaints, Safeguard UK, Complaints Department, Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent ST6 2BA
- Completing our online feedback form.
How our complaint process works
We'll aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, normally within three business days, at which point we'll send you confirmation in writing that your complaint has been resolved. On occasions we'll require a bit longer to resolve your complaint
and in this case we'll send you an acknowledgement letter telling you when we hope to reach a decision. We'll then continue to keep you updated on our progress.
Once resolution has been agreed we will then write to you with our complaint decision (this is called a final response), it will either be to:
- Uphold your complaint, telling you why and what action we intend to carry out to put this right for you, or;
- If we do not uphold your complaint we will explain our reasons for our decision.
If at the end of the process you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be reached via their website or you can write to them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.