Protect your home-away-from-home with a Safeguard insurance quote that’s tailored for park home and residential mobile homeowners.

What is Park Home Insurance?

Park Home Insurance is a special type of policy designed to cover things like vandalism and weather damage to residential mobile homes. 

Park homes (also known as ‘mobile homes’) are built slightly differently to brick-and-mortar homes, so you won’t be able to cover a park home with a standard home insurance policy. 

Instead, a Park Home Insurance policy recognises the unique construction of a mobile home as well as the differences in ownership; for example, you could be renting the pitch that your park home lies upon.

What does Park Home Insurance cover?

Park Home Insurance through Safeguard is designed to cover various types of loss or damage to provide you with peace of mind. When you take out a policy, you’ll get:

  • New for Old Cover – our providers aim to offer new policies for park homes (up to the age of 25) on a New for Old basis, provided that the sum insured represents the full replacement value as new, at the time of loss or damage. This means that in the event of a loss, they can reinstate your park home as it once was with a model from the current year of manufacture. Once you’re insured through Safeguard, your park home policy can renew up to any age.

  • £5 million Public Liability Cover - Covers professional costs and any compensation payments if someone injures themselves on your property and makes a claim against you.

  • Malicious damage and theft - Get compensation in the event that someone vandalises or steals from your property. Your insurer will not pay more than the sum insured for each of the premises shown in the schedule.

  • Weather damage - Covers your park home from things like flooding or storm damage. The availability of flood cover varies by postcode.

  • Loss or damage by subsidence - If the land underneath your mobile home sinks, you can claim damages with a £1,000 excess. Your insurer not pay more than the sum insured for each of the premises shown in the schedule.

  • Emergency accommodation - If your park home becomes uninhabitable, your insurer can reimburse you (up to 20% of the sum insured or up to £30,000, whichever is the lesser amount) for reasonable costs of necessary alternative accommodation while your building cannot be lived in.

How much does Park Home Insurance cost?

It’s impossible to state the average cost of Park Home Insurance because it varies significantly between properties. 

The price you’re quoted will be unique to your situation and depends on a number of different factors, including:

  • Location - Park homes on secure sites in areas with a low crime rate are often cheaper to insure than those which aren’t.

  • Size - The larger your mobile home, the more it will cost to replace should it be damaged beyond repair, so insurers will quote a higher premium.

  • Age - Older park homes will likely have incurred more wear and tear, so they’re deemed a higher risk than newer models.

  • Value - Mobile homes with a high market value often cost more to insure as a result.

  • Safety devices - You may be able to reduce the cost of your Park Home Insurance if you fit your mobile home with safety devices like smoke detectors and burglar alarms.

Why choose Safeguard Park Home Insurance? 

At Safeguard, we have over 30 years’ experience selling specialist insurance policies. Our policies aim to provide all the coverage you need.

Better still, choosing Safeguard means you’ll also get help whenever you need it with our professional claims helpline.

How to get a quote through Safeguard

Getting a quote for your Park Home Insurance is easy through Safeguard UK. You can get a quote online with our simple three-step process:


Tell us a bit about you

We’ll ask for some details like your name, date of birth, and contact details. We’ll also ask whether you’ve made any claims in the last few years.


Tell us about your park home

The more we know about your park home, the better we can tailor our quotes to your needs. We’ll ask for details like where your park home is located, how it’s being used, and what kind of security features it has.


Tell us what cover you need

Tailor your policy by telling us what level of cover you need. That way, you’ll be compensated accurately should anything happen to your mobile home while you’re covered by a Safeguard policy.

Get a quote online or call us today

Get a quote online  0333 035 9761

Frequently asked questions

There is no legal requirement to have Park Home Insurance. However, failing to have a policy in place means you run the risk of significant financial loss and even having no home to live in should the worst happen.

Consider insuring your park home on a New For Old basis; that is, to the value of a current-year manufacture of the same or similar make and model of your park home. This means we can reinstate it as it once was should you lose your home to damage. To avoid the risk of financial loss, you may also wish to insure any valuable contents you keep inside your park home, too.

Safeguard Park Home Insurance policies come with a compulsory excess of £100. You can add a voluntary excess on top of this amount if you choose. There is also a £1,000 subsidence excess and a £250 escape of water excess.

No. When you take out a policy through Safeguard, you have a variety of different payment options to choose from, whether you’d prefer to pay in monthly instalments or you’d rather pay annually.

If your park home is going to be left unattended for more than 30 consecutive days during the policy year, the park home needs to be inspected internally and externally.

Other products we offer


Motorhome insurance

Because motorhomes are classed as vehicles, they legally require insurance to drive on the road. We understand the needs you may have, so when you get your Motorhome Insurance quote through Safeguard, we can provide breakdown cover, windscreen repair, contents cover and annual EU cover.

Learn more about Motorhome Insurance


Caravan Insurance

Protect your static or touring caravan, and the memories that come with it. With Safeguard Caravan Insurance, you can get cover for weather damage, contents insurance, public liability cover, EU cover for touring caravans, and much more. 

Learn more about Caravan Insurance
a row of new houses

Home Insurance 

There's the home you take on the road, and there's the home you come back to from your adventurous road trips or cosy staycations. At Safeguard, we understand that whatever home looks like, it's important to protect it - browse our cover and optional extras and get a quote today. 

Learn more about Home Insurance

Useful guides