Touring Caravan Insurance

Enjoy comprehensive caravan insurance with Safeguard

Touring caravans make a great alternative to camping and are becoming increasingly popular amongst adventurers young and old as well as families with young children. Whether you like to keep your touring caravan local or use it to tour the UK and abroad, Safeguard Insurance can help keep your vehicle protected from risks such as accidental damage, theft or weather-related issues.

Get a quote online or call us today


Safeguard Touring Caravan Insurance is underwritten by either KGM Underwriting Services Limited or Towergate and includes:

  • New for old cover for caravans up to 10 years old. You must insure your caravan for its present-day purchase price as new, or its equivalent model.
  • EU cover is included as standard.
  • Up to £2m public liability cover. Cover doesn’t include any vehicles being used to tow the caravan.
  • £50,000 Legal Protection Cover. Legal representatives must be our appointed solicitors.
  • Optional Caravan Breakdown Cover is available for caravans and trailers with a gross weight of up to 3.5 tonnes.

What’s the difference between a touring and a static caravan?

A touring caravan differs from static caravans and park homes because it’s towed by another vehicle and is generally transported to the same or new locations on several occasions. A static caravan is generally fixed within one place usually on a holiday or caravan park.

Find out more about Safeguard Static Caravan Insurance

How much does Touring Caravan Insurance cost?

Caravan Insurance costs vary and are dependent upon different rating factors such as the number of years no claims, towing experience, sums insured (caravan, equipment contents and awning), security and storage. To find out more speak to our experienced and knowledgeable insurance team.

Get a quote online or call us today

Is Touring Caravan Insurance a legal requirement?

Touring Caravan Insurance is not a legal requirement as under the Road Traffic Act you only need insurance whilst towing on the road which should be covered under your Car Insurance for third party damage only. Having Caravan Insurance in place can cover you against damage caused by Accidental Damage, Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Storm or Flood (except for loss or damage caused by storm or flood to contents/equipment left in the open).

Touring Caravan Insurance also covers you for Public Liability and includes support towards legal fees and compensation payments if a member of the public claims damage to their property or injury in connection with your caravan.  

Can I Insure my touring caravan for travelling abroad?

Yes you can insure your touring caravan for travelling abroad. Safeguard EU cover is included as standard on Safeguard Touring Caravan Insurance policies. Our EU Breakdown policy covers trips which don’t exceed 90 days and provides vehicle recovery and alternative travel arrangements to get you home if your repair time exceeds eight hours.

You could also benefit from emergency accommodation costs if repairs to your vehicle take longer than eight hours. Read the full details about Safeguard Caravan Breakdown Cover.

Do I need to insure my caravan when in storage?

Insuring a touring caravan that’s in storage is not a legal requirement however some site owners may insist on you having your own insurance for public liability purposes. Depending on where you store your caravan, it may be at risk of accidental damage, theft, flood or damage to property owned by others or injury to people who are in or around your caravan.

What age should I be to insure a touring caravan?

The minimum age you need to be to insure a touring caravan with Safeguard is 21 years old.


What our customers say...